Friday, September 29, 2006

U19 girls class 4 match was competitive

Not competitive for if I were being assessed it would count. But in the girl's eyes it was. My AR's whom I choose not to name could have been much better. Here's why. Call them pet peeves if you must:

1. The game of soccer requires the referee to show up 30 minutes prior to kick off. This will give ample time to check teams in, give a good and proper pregame. Any less, it diminishes the integrity of the pregame, the inspection, and so forth. I did a rushed job in checking the teams in and as a result I had to send one off (no red card) to correct the equipment.

2. It is really sad when the center (that was me) can beat both AR's in a sprint to the goal line considering they should have more than a head start on me. Yeah I'm in good shape, but there is no excuse for not being able to do this on more than one occasion. Needless to say I bailed them out on a couple what could have been real controversial calls. Basically I denied a wide open goal shot because it went over the goal line on my side. No flag. Had to replay the scene in my head (quickly) and realized it was the right call when nobody complained it was a bad call. They did complain on the lateness of the call. Anyway, I am glad I was on top of my game because they were not on theirs.

First half was interesting because I seemed to have been making a lot of calls against the white team. Problem is they were doing all the fouling, I had to really look for red to commit anything. Funny thing was at half time the white captain came to me and asked me to watch #13 red because she was holding. I said, I would look out for it. I did. She didn't. Her worst crime was getting to close to a player without touching.


Your Values Profile

Loyalty:

You value loyalty a fair amount.
You're loyal to your friends... to a point.
But if they cross you, you will reconsider your loyalties.
Staying true to others is important to you, but you also stay true to yourself.

Honesty:

You value honesty a fair amount.
You're honest when you can be, but you aren't a stickler for it.
If a little white lie will make a situation more comfortable, you'll go for it.
In the end, you mostly care about "situational integrity."

Generosity:

You value generosity a fair amount.
You are all about giving, as long as there's some give and take.
Supportive and kind, you don't mind helping out a friend in need.
But you know when you've given too much. You have no problem saying "no"!

Humility:

You value humility a fair amount.
You tend to be an easy going, humble person.
But occasionally your ego takes over.
You have a slight competitive streak - and the need to be the best.

Tolerance:

You value tolerance a fair amount.
You are open to new cultures, beliefs, and ideas.
You have very few prejudices that you're aware of.
And while you are tolerant, you do stand true to what you believe.

1 comment:

jenna... said...

4 out of 5 ... hey ...