Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Patience is a virtue.....

.........that I seemed to checked at my door when I left my house to go to my U8 girls soccer practice. Rudy was under the weather and I was not prepared to do a solo act on practice. Was hard to coach and check on players when we did passing drills. Tried a scrimmage so I can try people in different positions I would have never dreamed of. That was good in the sense know who not to put in goal. Girls were having trouble listening. It got to a point I made them run a lap for not paying attention. One of the dads came to me at the end of the game and liked the fact I did that, but added, "I'm not sure how the women felt about it." Well considering after the first game we were accused of not running them enough, it works for me. My wife thinks I was a bit hard on myself.
I think after a weekend of stern talking and toughing up against players and coaches I forgot to pull back the reigns a bit with my own girls.
Wednesday will be another day. This time I need to be prepared for a duo act as well as a solo act.

In other news, my daughter scored 100% on her first spelling test. It seems like Marlena has done a complete 180 on her school work, other then motivating herself to do it, when she does do it, I find myself not having to correct her very much. Did I mention she scored 100% on her spelling test? Yes...I was a proud papa!

Played in a poker tournament until late last night, ranking 37 out of 906. I won some money, but I have to say, my heart wasn't in it anymore after deciding to call an all-in with a K-J suited.

No comments: