Monday, September 04, 2006

Great Scott....ish

We celebrated part of the weekend with Gabriel being O2 tank free. It's amazing how we spent 10-11 months carrying him and a tank around and now how it's so much easier to manuver him around without it. I swear sometimes as I told my wife, he has what I call a ghost limb because I keep moving a O2 line that he is no longer hooked to.
Saturday was spent refereeing the Mustang Devil Mountain tournament. I just had U12's but they were fun. There was a dark period though which happened in my center. A son of one of the illustrious board members of Mustang fell down on a fair challenge and broke his arm. I know there was no foul play, but I still hate that to happen in my watch. Fortunately the blame wasn't shifted to me. I had two rookie referees who hesitated when calling fouls and offside. One of them put me in a bind to assert the offside call when I knew it was going to take the only goal Ballistic was going to get. I also called a PK against them 4 minutes in the game, but the defender pushed and tripped him, so he left me no choice. As a result, Mustang didn't score on it, but then scored 2 minutes later.
We spent Sunday as our fun day at the Scottish Festival. Honestly I didn't know what to expect. There was an assembly of arsenal, which I can appreciate from my fencing days. My wife got a treat where she could find her logo for 3 of her major family tree. I also saw the Scottish soccer tournament, to my surprise not only Jesse was there, but my friends Jerry and Rick were there. I also have refereed every single team that was playing that weekend.
But the real treat of the Scottish festival was the beer. It was smooth and well, I asked my wife if she wanted one, and she said we could split one. When I saw it being poured, I knew I couldn't share. She had no regrets about drinking a full one. Yummmmmmmmm

No comments: