Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 rememebered


Today marks the 5 year anniversary of 9/11. Can we have a moment of silence for those who lost their lives in this tragic event?


Thank you.

My only wish is they really focus on the ones responsible for the mess instead of blame shifting which has been the last 5 years worth.

In other news, I will be getting together with my team to praise them for the efforts and the fact they held their heads up high. Well most of them. One I noticed veered off at the end of the game and didn't do the handshake. I realized one of the players or more called her a loser. Who can blame her for not wanting to celebrate after that. Still I would like to take this game as a learning experience. They need to run. They need to help out when needed. They need to shoot more shots. We can't score if we don't shoot.
Basically after bouncing this around, I have come to the conclusion if they are not going to provide referees, we're just going to have to assert ourselves more if we are getting fouled or at the very least tell the girls that one goal didn't count because of the foul.

One final question. Where were you when you heard about the attacks?

2 comments:

Giancarlo said...

I was at work. I was on the phone with a customer from the Pentangon and he told me they had to evacuate. I was unaware of the reason why until my wife told me the news.

Anonymous said...

That's creepy...

I was on my drive to work when I heard on the radio that a small private plane accidentally ran into Tower #1.

When I got to work, my boss had brought in her mini TV and we were basically glued to it all day long.

Such a sad time.