Friday, September 22, 2006

Oh happy happy day a Friday can be.

Why is today better then others? I truly don't have a great answer. Just wanted to catch your eye. But here are a few things I am celebrating for:

1. As of yesterday I have 15 poker players on for the poker tournament. That means there is only one spot left. It will be by far my biggest tournament if I manage to fill that up. Thanks to an uncle for requesting I give several weeks notice. I didn't think it would fill up so quickly.

2. I went to Marlena's ice skating yesterday. She is really coming along. She's skating much faster which is really good for me to work on my speed photography. She is also doing the one legged skating which she had so much difficulty last session seems to be a pro on this one. Unfortunately her friend who is in the next session up on her tried to rain on her parade. However, Marlena has a good proverbial umbrella and wasn't swayed by that comment. She was still riding high. That is enough for me to be proud of her.

3. It's Friday

4. Marlena is going to get a uniform that fits. Too bad picture day was already there. Bad soccer league...Bad!

I was having a quick chat with a friend of our family at the Ice rink. She brought to my attention that none of her kids were placed on a team. She has several kids. (no she doesn't live in a shoe) Her paperwork slipped through the cracks and instead of making it up for them, she just got dropped. She also had not got her money back. Bad soccer league, bad! While I have respect for what the board members do behind the scenes, I don't think this board planned ahead when they did a hostile take over during the AGM. I have yet to get together with Andy to hear his story on the take over. It was like they came, they took over, they got their seats, then it was like....ummmm now what?

No comments: