Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Not enough hours in a day....

...and even if I do have more time, I'm too exhusted to do anything. This week is a busy week between Marlena's schedule, my wife's schedule and whatever I fill in when I get home from work. Work has been busy with training up the yin yang.

Had practice with the Cheetah Girls last night and it's been touch and go. I have one player in particular who cries when she doesn't get her way. I finally had to tell her, "I'm not your mother, I'm your coach. Crying is not going to get far with me." I can see she "told on me" to her mother, but I didn't hear a thing of it. I wonder how many other coaches deal with the fact they sometimes need to be tough on their players, but then have to deal with the wrath of the parents. I haven't experienced it yet, but I know it will come soon.

I have an U19 boys match which should prove fun. When it comes to coaches I'm not showing much tolerance for dissent with them in the youth ranks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?!?!... There's no crying in Soccer. :D



Jenna...