Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend: From great to emotional.

Well you heard about Friday's game with Japan. That was the true highlight of my weekend. Saturday, I spent the day cleaning a good portion of the house for that night's poker game. We had 7 players. Would have like to have had 8, but 7 seems to be the lucky number on a single table game. Decided to try the re-buy option. Glad I did or it would have been an early night for me. The hand of the night. Pre-flop betting round, they just bet the minimum. I had the big blind so it didn't cost extra for me to bet. In my hand was an 87 unsuited. Flop comes and two more 7's come on the board accompanied with a Queen. I made good size bet, but Marty raised and then two other followed. I decided it was time to go all in. Marty called. I looked at him and asked, "What you have? Pocket Q's" He said, "You're not going to win this one." Christine called. That was a WTF moment. My dad calls. Major WTF moment. Cards are up. I show my three of a kind with 7s. Marty turns his up and he has a Q-8. Christine turns hers up and shows a Q-J. My dad. I'm just going to say a WTF moment! He's lost. The turn comes and I am smelling the money. On the river, the only queen left shows up. Had it not, I would have had a major huge chip lead. Instead Marty and Christine had to split the pot. Dad and I had to re buy. Good thing too. Brandon, my brother in law, had to re buy earlier. My dad eliminated him twice. Eliminated Doug too. I pretty much kept my 225 give or take a few for most of the game as I watch my dad take out 2 people for good. Then Marty took out my dad. That left us with 4. Ron, my FIL, had the least chips. I tried to take him out with an AJ suited. Unfortunately he had pocket 10's that held up. Christine whom I expected to hold out for either Ron or myself to take each other out, played aggressively. I went all in with her and doubled up. Marty finished her off. Then there was Ron. I was waiting for either Marty to finish him or the raising blinds. Turned out Marty did the job. I did a couple all ins. One won, the other he folded. I went all in and at first it seemed like I won again, but Marty pointed out he made his straight. Bad news, I didn't win. Good news I didn't win because people were wondering how my games were won in my own house. So second is good, I got a little profit and it was the same profit as i would have got had I not had to re buy.

Sunday morning I refereed a double header. First game was being assessed. I was assessed out, but turns out this guy was not bad. Didn't have much for me, but loved my offside and non offside calls. I didn't make a call which had I was assessed I wouldn't have passed an upgrade, but he never said that. Second game was a little more live as I needed to help out the center. He had to pull a few cards to keep the players in the game. Pulled a red eventually. Good calls, but mechanics could have been better.

As I drove home, I found out my Aunt was in the hospital and in a coma. She doesn't have long to live. Some of even thing she's got one foot in. I didn't even recongize her. I saw her in March and she looked good dispite the health issues. Another case where the majority of the doctors are dumb fucks. She went in and they looked at one area of problems. According to my cousin, who has been driving her in and out, she said to them the last time, "My mother is not coming home until you get find out what is truely wrong." That was when stage 4 cancer was the diagnosis. Doc's said she had 3 months to live. That was last week. Dumb fucks. My cousin Stu got a hold of me and said I needed to come ASAP because she doesn't have long to live and was given the last rites. I knew I had to go.

No comments: