Tuesday, August 29, 2006

No gel

Yesterday I finished practice. Marlena is picking up a few new tricks and using them. Our practices in the back yard are starting to pay off because while she isn't the fastest, she is getting the job done. She still can defend. I would like to put her on offense, but I need to work her more. Her kicks are getting better. But I need them to be stronger so when she dribbles and takes a shot on goal. I taught her last week how to shield the ball. Wouldn't you know it? The guy I coach with decided to teach shielding. Well in my opinion I did a better job at teaching her and it showed when she did the best job at shielding the ball. I'm happy because for once I put her one up on most of the kids even though I'm supposed to train all the kids.
I just wish the head coach and I would gel a bit more. Kids are fine. Just us coaches seem to be clashing more then my liking. Not good before our first game. Hopefully we'll work out the kinks beforehand. Otherwise it's going to be a long season.

No comments: