Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Time marches on

Monday I dragged my heals. Basically I was depressed with my Aunt's state. Basically hanging between life and death. I wanted her to move on so she can have the peace she deserves. It is unbelieveable what she has gone through in the past year. How the hell the doctors didn't catch stage 4 cancer when it should have been caught sooner is beyond me. And around all of this is bickering. Should be a time when family comes together to celebrate what we have and who we have. Not to cause the petty shit wars I have indirectly witnessed. Breaks my heart. Sunday when I saw her, I lost it. Not in the room fortunately but one minute I'm telling my wife I didn't think I would feel a blow like this and the next moment I'm sobbing. I haven't been in contact with Sherril much during most of my adult life, but I haven't forgotten how she was there for my sister and I during the time I lost my mother and went through what I'm just going to label as shit childhood.
I saw her yesterday and before I went to visit I was working and people we calling. Wanting to know the scoop. Bearly held it together. I decided today if I was going to lose it, I might as well do it at home. So I worked from home since I was not needed in the office.

No comments: