Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Teaching

I love to teach. I mean I really love that I have an outlet to pass on my knowledge and experiences to potentially new referees. I have done more then my average number of classes this year and it was basically time and support from my family that gave me this opportunity. Normally I do 2 a year on average. Sometimes 3. This time I did 4 and I have to tell you, I hit my wall. The last class I finished was the best one of them all. 18 students and they are animated as I was. The were a pleasure and there was class participation. It was also the only class I had where I didn't have to schedule make ups because they all passed with the minimum. I didn't even have to talk some though because they were short by a couple questions.
Last night's class was a total contrast. 8 people. Had one kid who made a horrible attempt to be a class clown. Hopefully he scores better then he is funny. Either case, Van is doing the field session and I think I have taught my last class of the year. My daughter is starting soccer and my attention needs to be shifted to that. So that is less time for classes and all the excuse I need not to do anymore. Not that I need any, but truth is I have done more then my fair share compared to most. Especially since 2.5 of my classes where by myself. Time for the other long list of instructors to step it up.

No comments: