Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekends are made for fun

I spent Saturday at a very nice wedding. I got a kick out of the preist as I thought this was going to be a long dragged out catholic wedding. I was happy to see this was not the case. I loved the preist's sense of humor.
After the wedding and by the time we got to the reception at an Italian Club in Oakland, it was nice. I noted the choice of beer was either Bud Light or Peroni. Anyone that knows the beer snob of me, knows which one I choose. It was good to see some of the family again. I was beat at the afterparty. Thank goodness my wife was on the same wagon as me, though she seemed to be in better form than me.
Spent sunday sleeping most of the morning away. I can't recall the last time I did that. Got a new toshiba laptop which I pick up today. Have I mentioned I love best buy. They pretty much tailored to my needs vs me really having to negotiate much. I was really impressed. I was pressed for time as I had a game at 5pm. They held the stuff for me until near closing which we rang everything up and they wanted to set me up so I would pick it up in the afternoon today. I looked at the competitor, CompUSA (aka Compuke-essy) and they couldn't even get a better deal. Most cases boys and girls, I'm not keen in buying an extended warranty, but in Best Buy's case they have been more then exceptional with my last computer. Price is not bad either. Highly recommend. After 3 years, you are on your own. The extended warranty is a bit much after that.
Between negotiating the price and making the purchase, I reffed an U15 boys match. It was Danville and Ballistic. Ballistic only had 11 players whereas Danville had mega subs. I feel had we been doing FIFA substitutions, Ballistic would have had the better hand. I had an unfortunate ending where I had to send a player off for a second yellow. The first yellow, I could have very well sent him off technically because it was an elbow. I cautioned him and advised him of this fact. 4 minutes later he takes out the same guy off the ball. He basically sent himself off at this point. Danville was winning by two. Had I been the coach, I would have pulled him out for the rest of the game because he is a good player and would like to save him for next week. I did pad the report at the end stating he left with no incident and the benches and players behaved exceptionally well. I basically sold the red card to all but one spectator who came to me and said the player took a dive. I knew better and just wished him a good evening.

1 comment:

jenna... said...

Let me know if you want to join our SparkPeople group. :)