Friday, October 20, 2006

Take care of your legs. You only got one set.

I reffed a game Wednsday night and while the game was good (meaning I didn't have to card anyone) in the first 10 minutes of the game, I was experiencing knee pain. A little pain usually doesn't bug me, but it tended to get worse as the game went by. I still out ran my AR's. One of them was just old and his wheels are where I don't want my wheels to be. The other is pretty inexperienced and I admit, when I beat him to the goal line, I looked at him and waved in a way that should say, "Get your ass to the goal line."
The next morning I paid the price. I would sit down for a while (I do tech support so I am at a desk most of the 8 hours). When I get up and walk around my knee was stiff and hurt like hell to move. Paula mentioned I played soccer last week and played hard, might have put more stress on the knee then it's used to. Today so far, I'm not feeling the pain. I almost pulled out of my game on Sunday, but I think I'm going to stick it out. I have a good AR on my line so if I go down, I know he can take over. Just don't want to be injured for the Halloween tournament, but it has influenced my decision on doing high school.
At work a coworker told me to take tylonal. Most cases I would take something, but I remember my Chiropractor's words. The pill just dulls the pain and masks the true problem. It doesn't cure the main problem and opens yourself to more. Needless to say I didn't take anything. I am back on the Glucosamine religiously (should have been anyway).
Tonight I'm going to a rehearsal dinner because my daughter is the flower girl for a cousin's wedding. Should be a good time. I just feel like until the actual wedding I'm going to feel rushed.
Have I ever mentioned what a great wife I have? (hi Paula) She is pretty mechanically inclined around the house to put the average guy (in this case I'm below average) to shame. Had a water leak outside and she basically solved the problem herself. I was just good for money and grunt work, but she did take the time to teach me a couple things so on my own, I may be able to do this myself this time. Yes it's true, she does better at the homeimproving then me. I've stepped it up a little since I've known her but if she were yoda she would tell me, "Jedi you are not."

No comments: