Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm home

We stayed in a very nice house (They have it listed as a condo, but it's still a house). The place was big and spacious. Down the street where we stayed was a beach to Pine Mountain Lake. It was a nice little beach where you can lay out, swim, and boat.


There was also a nice pool area which oversaw a golf course and the moutains. We pretty much spent the first day keeping cool.

On day two (wednsday) we ventured over to Yosemite. I haven't been there since I was a kid. Even today I still have a facination with half dome.


Towards the end of the day, we spent on another beach front. There was a stream, where you can see the strong current. Unfortunately the kids didn't and dispite my warnings, they went in and were swept. Fortunately there were people at the other end and my brother in law Ron who jumped in to catch the kids.


After that day my wife and I had all the Yosemite we wanted and spent the rest of the day lounging in the home while my in-laws took the kids back to Yosemite. Marlena was a trooper as she climbed to the top of the water fall. Truthfully, I don't want to know the method they used for it may give me an instant heart attack.

2 comments:

Patti Rambles On said...

Sounds like a great trip.
I love Yosemite.

Uptowngirl!! said...

COOL! Great pics!