Saturday, July 22, 2006

Gonna be a hot one today.

I'm teaching a field session today. I hear it's gonna be a scorcher today. Last weekend when I taught a session, I missed a spot with the sunscreen and I am paying for it today. Paula and kids are going to a birthday party so I won't be missed much. We leave for Yosemite Monday. Nobody has started packing yet. Paula took Gabe to the doctors for a check up. He's still under weight, but we not that concerned. He's been eating better and we are going to see a nutritionist who can recommend higher calorie foods without plugging him up. When we get back from vacation, the battle of the O2 will begin.

I survived my scorching session and my students survived me. Well most of them. I passed all but one during the test. To his defense, it's a fast pace course where it's not really designed for the youngens. He will have a second shot next week when I get back. Paula told me to come by the pool, but I wanted to hang out by the air conditioned house. Just don't know what to do with myself.

2 comments:

dibabear said...

G-Man...I'll add you to my list soon as I update it (might be after vacation lest I get some time to fiddle next week).

I thought the FIFA Zidane-Matterazi ruling was a bit...underwhelming. Suspending someone who is retired seems silly. I do think both players should have been equally fined and heavily to discourage this sort of thing. Oh well.

Giancarlo said...

Here's the thing. Zidane wanted to leave the professional scene on a good note. I have seen it before (Mia Hamm back in 2003 wanted to retire, but didn't until the Olympics following it because she wanted to go on a good note). Problem is even through Matterazi provoked him, Zidane should have had the cool head to know he was baiting him. Zidane also has 14 red cards in his international career for simular offenses.
As far as the supension, don't be surprised he comes back for one last hurrah (Euro 2008). Just be glad FIFA did deal Materazi since he did openly admit he did provoke him.