Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hmmm perhaps I should have done more research

I'm referring to Direct TV. The nice part is we have our DVR and it works like a charm. What I didn't realize was they use phone lines, but it's not to clear what for except when they want to contact us or PPV. The guy shows up, pretty much leaves messes everywhere he goes, but then again we are shifting things around for Paula's new sewing center (which is coming out quite nicely). Things seem to come together 5 hours later and then I notice on my modem, the lights are not in proper sequence indicating a problem. Turns out I have new phone lines that are unflitered. Pretty much resolved the issue.
Now I'm called this morning that our downstars TV wigged out. I'm hoping this isn't a making of a comcast commercial.

In other news, I went to my local comic shop a day early (I was thinking yesterday was already wednsday). The guy that had to leave was there and asked me "So are you here to lose again?" I smiled, Jim had his laugh about me showing up a day earlier. Then I mentioned I would not be there the next couple of weekends. He said, "Oh we have had games postponed for months." sigh

If there was one reminder, this should be it. Always have a set of rules when you host a tournament. I have my house rules, and if there isn't something covered by my house rules, and we can't come to the good of the game (wow you think I was talking soccer), then we have Robert's Rules of Poker to fall back on.
Works for me.

No comments: