Thursday, January 25, 2007

Did I take too much of a break?

As you viewers have probably noticed I have not been on the pitch since early November. One would think I miss it. It could be that I have been on call during my absence I have trouble stepping on the field knowing someone could be trying to get a hold of me. Partially why I took the entire high school season off. The other reason was to make sure my legs healed up so I was 100% when I stepped on the field.

By the beginning of march I'll probably be turning in my easy money pager as someone else wants to jump on the money train. So I can referee pretty much without a conscience.

Why am I not celebrating? I sure was celebrating when I got my 5, but it was like since I came back from the absense almost a decade ago, I pushed to upgrade every other year and then of course the higher the grade, the more tough it was. The Grade 5 was my greatest accomplishment for the simple fact I had fun on the way and never gave up. Now I have the year coming up and I said I was going to guage the next couple of years to see what my level of assignments was before I decided if I was going to go for my National badge or just reside as a grade 5 until I couldn't do it anymore and go emeritus. Emeritus, that is a scary thought. There is only one younger then me that went Emeritus and there are several in their 40's and 50's that are still holding on to that State badge. Some grade 5's.

No comments: