Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Comcast...You're Fired!!!!

We decided after much debate to switch to Direct TV. As it turns out, we're not really saving a whole chunk of change but we are getting some features we didn't get with Comcast. We are getting two DVRs installed where we can record shows on the fly. No more stacks of video tapes. Our book shelves in our room will look like bookshelves. We can record two shows at the same time while watching one show we previously recorded. Is that cool or what? It also means my wife will not be night after night setting VCRs. One thing we will miss is In demand that comcast did have. Now we didn't do the premium channels but we did get some good movies. However we will get Starz for free for one year.

In other news I haven't talked about my family much as to what has been going on. Paula is going to get her sewing room. She has big plans. Marlena has been improving on her Ice Skating. She is having fun in the process which is the most important thing. I mean if it's not fun, why do it. That was the pep talk I gave her when I told her how long it took me to get my 5. Basically 5-6 years. She has levels she needs to go through. Sometimes she breezes through them and sometimes she needs to repeat. Repeating a session on the ice seems to be the norm though which I think takes a little pressure off of Marlena and just opened it for me to just ask, "Hey, are you having a good time?" She said yes. That was all I had to say on the subject.
Gabriel's head is in the 70th percentile. I can see the dumbfounded faces asking, "Is that good?" Yes it's good. He contineus to go the right direction. His new thing is to yank his glasses and throw them across the room. We call that attitude!

I have clinics coming up next month. There is one on Feb 3-4th. One is for the instructors/assessors and now assigners. The other is for the rest of the referee world. If it's like last year, it will be the same stuff. As least they got this one right. Have the instructor clinc first and the rest last. I only have to show up for one. Which is good because I really didn't want to give my entire weekend up. We have the SFSFL clinic the same day as my poker night. Still it's a better deal.

2 comments:

Tom Kendig said...

GC,

Argh. I go to the wine country every Super Bowl Sunday. It looks like I can't make the Sunday clinic. I wish it was on Saturday!

TEK

Giancarlo said...

Well there is always the AGM or if you want to see the Amatuer soccer clinics (usually good speakers) then there is one on feb 24th.