Thursday, November 02, 2006

Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness

You have this right under the US constitution and in my Political Science class back in college, my teacher who's name escapes me now, said it best. You have these rights as long as they do not infrindge on other people's rights. So when that jackass Bush decided to sign the bill stating online gambling is illegal because we need it to protect us from ourselves, it pure bullshit. Hey I pay my taxes like the next guy. As my cousin and I were talking he said, "Pave the roads, have the police out to protect us, and keep my house from burning, but don't tell me what to do with my money."

If you read the hyperlink above it tells about a lady who gambled 70,000 online. Now that is someone who has a problem. However, guys like me who are to put 50 bucks in and hope for the best, well, leave us alone. Before this law passed, the banks would not approve our credit card purchases to gamble. At first I was pissed, but in that sense, they need to do that so they don't wind up eating 70,000 when the tab comes but the consumer can't even make a monthly payment. But to wire transfer from my bank with my own money is my damn business. I don't need some jackass in the white house to screw with how I do my funds.

I do know when it comes to voting, I will not vote for politicians. I will vote for measures because those affect us. I won't vote for people like Arnold who signed on as a democrat, but is a republican by heart. In fact those parties mean less each year and if it is miserable, why even call it a party?

No comments: