Monday, November 27, 2006

What I am thankful for

I know thanksgiving weekend is over, but I think it should be a time of year to reflect what I am thankful for during the past year:

The top of my list is, I'm thankful I have a loving wife who has stood behind me, even when I haven't always deserved it.

I'm thankful my baby Gabriel has gone a year with no seizures as the docs predicted he would have. I'm thankful he has not gotten worse but better with him hearing better, seeing better, and he is off the oxygen. We even went on a 5 day trip without the tanks. Not because we forgot them. Because we truly felt he didn't need them. And he is weening off the Phenobarbital quite well.

I'm thankful that I have a beautiful daughter inside and out. Outside she is just a pretty girl, but inside, she is unselfish, loving, easy going, and loves her baby brother so much. I couldn't ask for a better daughter. Well she could score a goal or two, but that would just be gravy.

I'm thankful the soccer season is over and even through my U8 team didn't have the best record, they had the best heart.

I'm thankful I got my grade 5 and even more greatful I have the card stating I am a grade 5 before the 1996 year is over (a first). I know next year will be interesting, but it will not be as tough as this year. I'm futher more greatful I had several upper referees watching my back in more ways then one. I honestly can say, I could not have done it alone.

I'm thankful I'm financially comfortable dispite all the financial set backs we have had. I was able to take a vacation with my wife without worrying what it costed.

I'm thankful we got a vacation with just the two of us. Made us realize we need to do that more. I almost forgot how fun it was to hang out with my wife even when doing nothing but watching a Dr. Phil scam.

I'm thankful for the support my friend and family during the emotional hardship we had with Gabe's health in the beginning. Without them, I don't know how we would have gotten through half of the things we endured.

I'm thankful I have a great boss who I can come to for problems, solutiions, or ideas without feeling shot down, even when rejected.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

G this is sandi from CK, your thankful list brought tears to my eyes...
your family is lucky to have you

Patti Rambles On said...

I'm thankful I got to meet the G-Man! :kiss: