Friday, November 10, 2006

So you want volunteers, eh?

Last night I went to my local soccer BOD meeting. Reason, my team had not one but two women who stepped up (that's an understatement) to be team moms. Both of them for what tasks they took on, did an awesome job. In all my years (not many but a handful) as a coach, I've had team mom's do a good job and some that did the minimum. These two really out did themselves. Where am I going with this? It is noted that there is an unwritten rule that states there is one team mom per team. The board was willing to vote that they could split the work deposit. To their defense, and I have to admit this is sound, they start doing that, then they would do it for all parents. Of course this is where a written rule should be allow.

Next week I'm going to do something I never done before. I'm going up to Calistoga with my wife. She's been dying to do this. I thought of Cache Creek, but one, it's expensive, and two we all know why I would be interested in going. The gambling of course. They even have Texas hold em. Problem is if I'm the one gambling, then were not really spending the quality time we should be and it's her turn, so my eyes are wide shut and I'm just going to try a new experience. Although after what Paula told me about the mud bath (the aftermath) I think I'll stick with the mineral. Perhaps some wine tasting will be in order. I love wine tasting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you a candidate for my annual Super Bowl Sunday wine country tour in Healdsburg this year??

I guess I'll have to post an open invite in my blog before the event!

Super Bowl Sunday is a great time to go wine tasting because there is NO BODY THERE except the wine maker or owner severing.

Just a thought.