Monday, April 30, 2007

Very good games on Sunday

After a day of refereeing 5 games on Saturday, in the Comstock Shootout, I was pretty beat. For that I was less enthused about signing up for more games then the championship match I had scheduled on Sunday. As it turned out, I got an extra game earlier.

The morning after I decided to sleep in. My buddy I traveled with wanted to sleep in. I slinked in around 10am and decided to do a 10:40 match. It was told to me that these two teams don't like each other. I was hoping it wasn't going to be like the previous day. 5 minutes in the match a called a penalty kick for a mistimed tackle. They were deverting away from the goal so no red for a DOGSO. After that call, it was physical, but they knew I wasn't screwing around so game control wasn't an issue.

Second game was two Idaho teams. It was funny because they are both in the same league and they came all this way to NV just to play each other in the U16 finals. No big controversy.

My center in the U19 girls final was fun. It was the North Lake Tahoe team vs. the South Lake Tahoe team. It was a hard fought match, but I called minimal fouls just to let them know I was still there. The S. Lake tahoe team was subbing more then my liking so I added two minutes and made that decision before the regulation ended. Before the regulation time ended, one goal scored by the losing team to narrow it to 2-1. I know my ARs were nervious when I indicated there would be two minutes left in the match. No goal resulted. But it was a good end to a weekend away from home.

No comments: