Friday, April 20, 2007

Poker night tomorrow

And I am barely holding a table together. Some people are wonder if I am doing something funny with the cards. Can't say I blame them. Just take a look at my site for the results and you will see I have cashed out of my home game every time.

I promise you I have not rigged the deck in any way, shape, or form. I always start with a brand new deck in hopes of keeping the integrity of the game. As a matter of fact I invite someone else to bring a deck of cards. Anything to preserve the integrity of the game. I may just experiement tomorrow.

Problem is I don't know how not to play. Meaning on my last game, I was experimenting with a few things and I had a calling station who beat me with a 3-4 offsuit. When I saw that hand, I tightened up my play and wound up winning.

In a home poker forum when people evaluated my blinds structure, their only problem was in the big tourneys I use the $1.00 unneccessarly. Since I have built up my chips, I can take the ones out of the big games. I also noted I didn't use the minimum blind rule. Nobody, except for 1 member in passing said anything and I was ready to get hammered for it.

The one thing they did mention was that perhaps I out class most of the players. I play on average 2 games a night online. I read up on the game. A lot of these guys are not that obsessive.

As poor of a turnout that may happen, I kind of hope I don't blow everyone out of the water.

No comments: