Monday, March 17, 2008

The Major Div game was a pleasure

I had two teams which have been a part of my Amateur career since year one. I'm now in my 8th year and my experience has played a good part for this game.

Guadulj. lost someone last week whom was very important to them. I noticed because everyone was getting black armband, so I asked when checking them in. They asked for a moment of silence before the kick off and I was more then happy to oblige was well as Bay City.

After the moment of silence which Guadulaj. was very grateful for my orchestrating it. Both teams at first were playing real nice. I mean there were hard challenges but nobody seemed to be out to stomp the other guy. Well that was until Guadulaj. scored first.
Then bay city decided it was time to get a bit more physical. When Guadulj. scored again it was like Bay City said, "Okay mourning period is over."

I managed to go through the first half with no cards. However after my AR gave me some information regarding the Guadulj. forward and Bay City defender going at it, I thought I was going to have my hands full in the second half. Well as far as they were concerned, I didn't have a problem. In fact the forward in question was very well behaved. On free kicks when he had to retreat he asked me if this was far enough. If only all players would be so nice. He pulled a hamstring later when I saw him landed. I went to him on stoppage and I knew he was done for the day, hence no potential problem.

However bay city was racking up on the fouling and I booked the first guy after two consecutive late fouls. I booked another after I whistled a call, he just kept plowing into the player. Then I got another PI which I could sprinkle dissent on.

After that third card, I got the game under control again and was a great way to end a Sunday. Personally, I am bummed I missed the Dublin festivities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.