Monday, September 08, 2008

Under Scrutiny

I had a really good U17 boys match. Chris H. and Kevin T were my ARs. I have to say though I expected more out of my AR1 being that he was a grade 7 and an instructor. He really didn't help out in the subs so I had to do most myself.

During my pre-game I told my ARs that Dublin and Livermore, regardless what teams they are or age groups have a history of getting physical. So we were going to make our presence known. I would say 3 hard fouls and a yellow card in the 4th minute of the game, we put things under control where they played soccer and I didn't have to do much. It really got chippy at the last quarter of the match. I had to caution a player who took a dive. He even tried to make it convincing by confronting the player who "tripped" him and I gave him a card for his trouble. No send offs. Two yellows a piece.
On thing I don't miss from G*S*S*L is the paperwork. Name one other league professional or otherwise that has so much paperwork.

Oh the meaning of my title. Well let me put it this way. The two coaches for Dublin. My former students. Half of the team on Dublin. Former students. Several people watching from the sidelines what were parents, the BOD, or otherwise. Former students.

A little pressure to show them I practice what I preach.

No comments: