Monday, September 22, 2008

Day of blowouts

Last saturday was a busy day for me in soccer. First I had a double-header with my U10 girls team. Who decided to give us two games in one weekend was really heavy on the vino. Our first game we actually had a good first half. We were standing them up pretty well. We should have since we beat them in the last game. Somehow we fell apart in the 2nd half and we just got scored on . Our defense was really terrible. Mid-fielders couldn't get back to save our lives. Our GK was a mess. Make matters worse, and I don't blame them for our loss, but the refereeing was terrible. I had a center who couldn't blow his whistle and a real lazy AR who was way off the second to the last defender. I let Greg have a chat with them.

I put a new keeper in on the second game which was the original plan. However, again we had a good first half, even as we only let one goal in. Again our defense was flat. We got scored on again in the second half, but one of those there was nothing the keeper could have done about it. The others again I blame our defense. The refereeing was much better the second time around.

Then came my center. U17 boys. Spartans vs. B Oaks. I have to say the Spartans don't belong in this division. They were out played and out classed. I had to pull a red card on a Spartan player for a DOGSO. You know the worse part about that red? It was as they were losing 7-0. I could have turned a blind eye some may say, but the laws do not dictate you can ignore the 4 D's if the one committing it is on the losing side, none the last getting their asses handed to them. I felt bad but I had to do it. What's even worse is I have to supporting documents that say this DOGSO is a 2 game minimum suspension.

No comments: