Thursday, September 27, 2007

USA loses against Brazil

What happened you might ask. Well first let's look at the 24 hours prior. I'm watching the Germany vs. Norway and it turns out Ryan makes a decision to replace Hope Solo with Brianna Scurry. This didn't fly will with the keepers, the announcers, the teams, and the fans. Except for Ryan, I don't know who favors the change.

So we're stuck with this decision and to make matters worse, Osbourn heads the ball in her own goal. I would like to believe that Scurry called her off. It could have been Solo in the goal and I think it wouldn't have change this.

Then we had another goal scored against us. Then if that was not enough demoralizing, lose Boxx to a bogus call. I would really like to know how this Swedish gal, keeps getting the assignments when she blows them one after the other.

Then they start changing the defense and not the offense.

I guess you can say there is enough blame to go around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GC,

The disaster which struck the USA takes nothing away from how well Brazil did. Even with 11 players on the field USA never had the ball control Brazil showed. Time and again Brazil captured the ball and passed it around. USA never really did that at all the first half.

Effectively marking Wambach who was almost a no show it seemed (I am or was a big Wambach fan). Although she did earn her yellow.

Ryan will have a hard time living this blunder down.

Rarely am I critical of a referee decision at this level. But the second caution to Boxx was out of line (as was the second caution to Totti in the Italy-South Korea game in the 2002 world cup). Your photo is just a gem GC.

And what is with the USA announcers making everyone think the USA could come back?

I think the Germany/Brazil final will be a wonderful match. Good chance Seitz will get the match - if and when she does, I will make my blog entry. :-)